Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Outstanding work and commitment to excellence

From the Center for faith-based and community learning located in Charlottesville, Virginia. We wish the very best to our former intern Savithri Lankatilleke. Savi can best be described as an outstanding worker with an absolute commitment to excellence. As a PVCC Intern /Spring 2005, she was one of our first and best student intern.
In her own words "Upon my arrival in the United States, I was determined to enhance my career growth as well as my personal and professional development. Although I had previous work experience and practical knowledge in the administrative field. I felt the need to continue to upgrade my educational opportunities. Even though I was an adult, I was ready to go back to school, and apply that knowledge in some work environment."
"As a foreign student , I was told that I would have difficulty getting into an American College. I needed certain academic qualifications to be accepted to Piedmont Virginia Community College, and to obtain a student visa" I started my internship with RBC Institute in the spring semester of 2005. I immediately learned the difference between being a student and being in the work place as an Administrative Assistant. I discovered that no two days were alike. My main task was to provide assistance to Chef Ralph Brown who is the President, in all aspects of the organization.
Through Dash Sevenatha, I organized fundraising activities for Tsunami Rehabilitation and Rebuilding Project in Sri Lanka. Being a citizen of Sri Lanka, I felt that I owe it to my country and to its people, to take the tsunami disaster as a opportunity to use my skills to support the victims and the survivors of this horrifying tragedy.Savi has now graduated from PVCC, and she now lives in England. Special thanks to Savithri, wishing you the very best, because you gave us and your people your very best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sincere thanks for the incredible opportunity you gave me and the excellent program....you bring the best out of people....:)SAVI